logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ministermoo  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2018 20:53:29(UTC)
ministermoo

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hello, I just tried to install Song of Songs for the first time. When I ran the installer, the following message appeared:

"Could not download and install application. Error: HTTP redirect is not allowed for application files and assemblies. Cannot download SongOfSongs.resources.dll"

My PC is running Windows 10. Do you have any ideas why the installation has failed please?
shrosbree  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2018 09:30:42(UTC)
shrosbree

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Hi MinisterMoo,

Sorry to hear your having problems.

It sounds like you are not connected to the internet while you are running the installer or cant connect to our download server.

Can you check to see if you can go to http://download.songofsongs.co.uk and if you can, try to run the installer again.

Regards,

Gordon
ministermoo  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2018 10:21:46(UTC)
ministermoo

United Kingdom

Thanks Gordon,
I'm connected to the internet but obviously there's some sort of blockage. When I installed directly using the link you supplied, a log was created which I've copied below. Could family filtering software or broadband supplier be preventing the process?
Ross.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://download.songofso.../SongOfSongs.application
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
Deployment Provider url : http://download.songofso.../SongOfSongs.application
Application url : http://download.songofso...SongOfSongs.exe.manifest
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : SongOfSongs.application, Version=4.6.1.147, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : SongOfSongs.exe, Version=4.6.1.147, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://download.songofso.../SongOfSongs.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ HTTP redirect is not allowed for application files and assemblies. Cannot download SongOfSongs.resources.dll.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [06/12/2018 11:06:47] : Activation of http://download.songofso.../SongOfSongs.application has started.
* [06/12/2018 11:07:11] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [06/12/2018 11:07:11] : Installation of the application has started.
* [06/12/2018 11:07:14] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [06/12/2018 11:08:03] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [06/12/2018 11:08:03] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [06/12/2018 11:08:09] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (AppFileLocationValidation)
- HTTP redirect is not allowed for application files and assemblies. Cannot download SongOfSongs.resources.dll.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

shrosbree  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2018 13:15:51(UTC)
shrosbree

filtering software could be the problem. Which software do you use?

wefchester  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2019 19:16:11(UTC)
wefchester

Hello

I have just tried to do the same as a new user on a Windows 10 machine with AVG running: can you advise how i can download please?

shrosbree  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2019 10:31:46(UTC)
shrosbree

Hi wefchester,

Sorry to hear your having problems installing Song of Songs.

AVG is the has been reported a couple of times, and usually after a couple of days, it starts to work again, We think they are just over protective of you ;)

I would have a look to see if Song of Songs had been added to any blocked list, and add an exception. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that as I stopped using AVG a couple of years ago.

https://support.avg.com/...ing&supportType=home

I have found a link on the AVG support website that might help you if your still having problems.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gordon.